Hiring Manager Questions
Although we work with HR teams on some aspects of a job search, we find that working directly with hiring managers allows us to better identify what type of candidates will be successful in each position.
This involves us asking the hiring team probing questions, such as the following:
- Is this a confidential search?
- Where are you in the search process?
- Why is the position available?
- Have you looked internally?
- Are you running ads, using websites like Monster, or word of mouth? If so, what has been your success rate?
- Who has been already considered for the position? We will need a list of candidates seen and/or under consideration so that we do not waste valuable time with a candidate already surfaced.
- Have any offers been extended and turned down? If so why?
- How much money is it costing you to have this position vacant?
- What is the time frame to have a person physically on board in this role?