Monthly Report for EdnaRice.com
Web Traffic & Events during the Month of July, 2021
1. Progress of Google Ads Advertising – In the month of July 2021, your Impressions generated by Google Ads increased 22.8% from the levels in June. The ratio of impressions to clicks dropped to 1.495% from 2.05% meaning the displays of your ad increased… but you had a lower percentage of people clicking on the ad. Still, the number of clicks to your website increased by 28.6%. The report says there were no direct calls from the ad.
The cost for the campaign was $6.81 less in July compared to June but produced a nice increase in clicks. I left June’s report below for comparison.
Note the July report still shows the large majority visit EdnaRice.com on Mobile searches.
2. Month of July Online Status, Changes and Communication history
July 1: Correspondence regarding the removal of staff members on website – responded
July 2: Tim’s email addressing the addition of staff members and the pending collection of Pictures and Bios – 10 emails on this day concerning this issue
July 3: Debbie T. Requested posting of news article – Posted on the 6th of July – Women in Railway Engineering – Responded
July 7: Tim L. Chandra’s Bio sent – Responded
July 7: Debbie T. Sent info for posting on Midwest Association of Rail Shippers Conference responded and posted
July 7: Debbie T. sent email concerning the results from June’s report. Responded
July 10: Debbie T. Sent over infor from CNBC for posting – Responded and posted on the 12th
July 15: My communication to Debbie concerning Google Ad Words Report
July 15: Debbie T. Response to try and meet following week online to discuss
July 16: Tim L. advised information was missing from About Team page. This was caused by a plugin error on update. Problem resolved.
July 16: Tim L Followed up on missing information. fixed
July 22: Email from Steven to team asking about tracking of phone calls from Google Ads response. Also reach out to Tim on Bio info updates
July 22: Debbie T. Followup to attached reporting from Google
July 22: Followup to Tim L. on Data Collection – He responded it was in the works. Sent over several pics and bios but not all. inquired about Daniel’s and Lisa T’s pics
July 23: Tim updated status of picture taking Also discussed picture background – provided example of black background
July 23: Debbie T, Information for posting about things to remove from Resume – Posted Also sent email back concerning need of reviews on Google
July 26: Debbie T. Asked about joining Facebook group concerning railway maintenance.
July 27: Notification of Rank change coming into the top 10 with “Mobility Recruiter”
July 27: Followup to Tim concerning collecting Bio’s and pictures to complete the addition to The Team section
July 29: Update on Google Rank Changes Debbie T. Response
July 30: Sent Debbie T. additional First page ranking positions. Also, recommended an additional URL to secure.
Postings – Again, our goal of four postings was exceeded
Communications – During the month of July, communications were consistant as we worked through the addition of the team, a couple of web issues and ranking status.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO is kicking into high gear as each page is changing to incorporate new forcus words.
Maintenance – All Plugin updates and security enhancements were completed on the site to maintain a stable hosting platform to service visitors.
SEO Hint for the month – Position Tracking… Position Tracking allows you to monitor the rankings of any domain, subdomain, subfolder or URL for any keyword across different devices and locations on a daily basis. I use this to track the top search results we score in the top ten on specific searches related to the Rail Recruiting industry.
3. Online Traffic Reports and Breakdowns for July with the addition of Google Analytics
The website is now collecting and sending information/data from several key data sources to track the following:
- Sessions– How many total sessions occurred on the website during the last 30 days.
- Users – How many unique site visits in the last 30 days
- Average Session Duration– How long on average did users spend on the site?
- Conversions– How many interactions and are they being tracked?
Let’s look first at the Google Analytics overall report: July 1 – July 31st.
This was slightly lower than June, which is normal in summer,
This is a custom Google Analytics report I designed to show you the mix of how people are finding you and which pages they go to.
The reporting from the website provides a drill down on the most popular pages.
The difference in traffic count is due to the 30 days from 7/4 to 8/4
4. Ongoing Marketing Strategies
Action plan for moving forward in August 2021
- Google Ads campaign needs to be reviewed to modify key words. I feel we need to focus on more specific key phrases to the industry. Even if we drop in the number of clicks, I feel they will be high quality.
Your thoughts? Questions? Feel free to call me!
Your Web Designer